Thursday, January 28, 2010

Rubik's Cube

The Rubik’s Cube was invented in 1974 by a Hungarian Sculptor and Professor of Architecture, Erno Rubik.

The man was obviously a twisted and demented sadist.

When I was kid, everyone on the planet had a Rubik’s Cube. I think I am the only idiot on the planet that was never actually able to solve the Rubik’s Cube.

I never even came close.

While some of my friends could sit and spin and twist that damn thing and get it finished in 5 minutes, I could spend days feverishly working on it and it would still look no more complete than when I started.

Over 350 Million Cubes have been sold worldwide since it was invented.

I wonder how many suicides, cases of alcoholism, cases of drug addiction, and severe mental breakdowns the blasted little game has caused over the years?….

The Rubik’s Cube is widely considered to be the world’s best selling toy.

I have never bought any of my three children a Rubik’s Cube. I would not wish that level of torment and mental anguish on my kids or any one Else’s kids.

Of course, my kids could probably solve it in 5 minutes or less, just reinforcing the fact that I am a major Idiot.

The kid solving the puzzle in the video is NOT one of my kids! I would have sold them to the Circus if they had been able to solve the puzzle in 10 seconds!

[Via http://idiotflashback.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment