Sunday, January 31, 2010

Lazy Saturday

Today I did nothing!!!  I slept in later than normal because my parents went to Bend today.  After I did morning duties, I played a single game for hours.  I usually don’t allow myself to be totally enthralled in a game because there is also something else that is more exciting and/or creative.  Playing a game is neither of those.  However, as I didn’t need to do anything, I played it.  

The game is called “A Tale of Two Kingdoms”, another game on Adventure Game Studio.  I have mentioned this game site before.  Anyway, the game is about two kingdoms that don’t like each other.  There is the threat of goblins so the other kingdom comes to the first kingdom’s aid.  Tensions are high during supper and in the night, an assassin kills the king.  The character that you are controlling gets framed for that murder.  So he has to escape.

There are other plots in the story.  The story includes druids and faeries (“don’t call them that,” says a druid).  The game has amazing graphics, but still not 3D.  For a point-and-click game, it has amazing graphics.  It also has several ways to die (giant food, imprisoned forever, fall off a cliff, drown, pecked to death by ravens, etc.).

I had to use the walkthrough several times of course.  However, there was a part where I couldn’t continue even with the walkthrough.  It happens after I get the flute from the jeweler.  Then I travel to the place where the flute would be useful (no game hints here).  Halfway to that place, a thief shoots me with a slingshot or otherwise traps me and takes my flute.  This is what the walkthrough says:

First, stop moving, and LOOK at the net right above you (+1% Wisdom). Then, go grab the apple for a later puzzle (+1% Wisdom), and then open the chest to get your stuff back (+1% Wisdom).

I can never find where that net is.  I’ve stopped before the place where the thief traps me and look around and I cannot find anything.  When I am trapped, I cannot go anything until the thief leaves and I still cannot find anything.  So I registered on the forum and did not write down what I called myself, which is “sam” with some sequence of numbers.  This was stupid.  But then I thought that I was done with the game anyway.

These troubles broke the trance.  I played with total concentration.  The fire was done to almost ashes and I hardly ate anything for lunch.  Perhaps now I can do something useful or semi-useful.

[Via http://spufool.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment