Thursday, February 11, 2010

She Came in Through the Bathroom Window.

In actuality she came in through the bathroom heat register. A mouse that is. We’re not going to name her, because her story does not end well.

For about the past week to two weeks Prudence has been guarding the heat register in the bathroom.  I pretty much ignored this craziness as I figured it was just the pipes that she was reacting to, the various noises that they make. Or a piece of dust that she was swatting at underneath.  Ha. not so much.

About midnight or so last night I hear her playing with the door stop on the bathroom door. Thinking that this is all well and fine for her to do while I’m at work this is not a game she gets to play at bedtime, so I go to the bathroom with the intentions of picking her up and ending the little game. This is how the rest of the evening went:

Lights get turned on, and there’s Pru with a mouse under her paw. I freak, and jump in the tub. Pru starts purring and looks at me as if to say, “look what I did Mom!” I ever so calmly reply (yes out-loud, because I’m a little bit crazy and talk to my cat) , “We are so not putting that on the fridge.” Well so in her excitement of showing me what she had caught the not so dead yet mouse gets away and runs back behind the door and her game continues. After about 15 min of Pru swatting and batting at the poor thing, and me freaking out that its going to run away from her and hide somewhere she can get at and then I’ll have no idea if its still in my apartment or not, I decide its time for this to end. About that same time Pru manages to trap the thing under the bathroom rug and I take care of it from there.  I cleaned up the mess and spent the next hour convincing myself it was OK to go back to sleep and I wouldn’t wake with mice in my bed (either alive or as presents from my dear huntress).

Needless to say Pru is quite pleased with herself.  She’s still guarding the heat register so I’m going to pick up a couple traps tonight because we’ve all seen the Disney movies. Its never one mouse. gross.

A special thanks go out to our dear friends, Amanda and Penny Lane, in FL who kept us company via text during this ordeal.

Pru, the mighty Huntress.

[Via http://heyjudestpaul.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment