Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ellie-Phant

There comes a time in a dog’s life when he grows older, wiser, more mature and –dare I say– too good for squeaky toys.  While these high pitched play things were entertaining when I was a pup, they no longer have a place in my life now that I am an International Dog of Mystery.  Well…I guess if a squeaky toy were to come my way I wouldn’t ignore it–but that’s not the point!  I have a new toy in my life.  He came to me from the far off land of New Jersey.   He is my best friend, he is wonderful, he is an elephant and his name is Ellie.

Today Mommy and I had a wonderful fetch session with Ellie.  As you can see, I get very excited playing with my friend.

What do you have Mommy? Is that Ellie?!

Then Mommy throws Ellie around the house and I run after him.  Mommy laughs when I slam into things but I don’t care.  Ellie and I are playing a very serious game and I’m not going to let a wall or cabinet stop me from getting what I want.  I am a very determined dog!

Ah ha, I've got him! There is no way I'm giving him back to you....unless you throw him again, that is.

Yes! Throw him again, throw him again!

This game endures for a while and it is really quite fun.  The very best part of the game is when Ellie and I are together at last…just like old times!

Ellie!

[Via http://misterpeoples.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment