Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Fuck GAME.

1 week and 4 days ago, I got my grubby little mitts on Smackdown Vs Raw 2010, and seriously, I’m enjoying the hell out of this game, even more than I have enjoyed the previous 2 editions of it.  Really, the community creations feature despite it’s two major flaws, is a great addition to the franchise.

But I’ll tell you this, the time I had actually buying the game was a nightmare. A real nightmare.  For the past 3 and a half weeks, I’ve been 20 years old. Keep this in mind, as you read on.

I walk into GAME, one of the big two game shops in the UK, a place that I have bought countless games from, and never had an issue. I pre-ordered Smackdown Vs Raw 2010 about a month before hand so I could secure my Stone Cold Steve Austin exclusive DLC.

Unfortunately I lost he pre-order slip, but surely they’d have the pre-order on the system with my Reward Card account details… My second fail-safe didn’t even come in, which was supposed to be a text from GAME telling me that my pre-order was ready to be picked up.

Anyway, so this idiot behind the counter goes to the back and brings out my game, and I’m all ready to pay for it when she asks the question that I’ve never been asked before in my life.

“Have you got an I.D.?”

My first instinct is “are you fucking serious?”, I’m 20 years old, and I’m being asked for I.D. to buy a 15 rated game! Surely there’s no logic behind this! It’d be understandable if I was trying to purchase Grand Theft Auto or something like that, but I’m not! This dumbass must have thought I was 14!

This moron must have something wrong with her, because quite simply I don’t look 14, and I haven’t been 14 in 6 years! The only reason you ask for I.D. is if you are suspicious of the age of the person purchasing it.

Anyway, the only way I could have gotten the game without I.D. (I don’t actually have any) is to drag my mother from the car into the store. And when I did this, this bitch treated us both like shit! Seriously bad service.

Even with my mother there, I tried to hand over the cash to pay for my soon to be brand new game. She turns around and says “I can’t take that from you.”.

What the fuck? So now my money isn’t good enough? What a mindfuck! So I hand the cash to my mother to hand to the ignorant buffoon and my mom has to bail cuz this store doesn’t have adequate air conditioning.

The cretin pops the game into the bag and hands it to me, and is about to give me my change until she changes her mind and says “I can’t give this to you. I’m sure your mom will understand.”

Oh really? I wonder if she’ll ever understand the finer nuances of selling games, cuz I’m never going to their store again. So after technically having my mother buy my game, I pop into another shop to buy a few Christmas presents before I blow the rest of my money on random shit I don’t need.

I pick up an Al Murray comedy DVD (18 rated) and a Buffy DVD (15 Rated) and pay for them upfront, without a call for my I.D.

Seriously, fucked up sales pitches.

Oh and I eventually got the text… About 30 minutes after I left the store, and my game didn’t have the DLC I pretty much wasted £15 on (I could have gotten the game at ASDA for £25).

Fuck you GAME.

No comments:

Post a Comment