Tuesday, December 29, 2009

What is this about?

OK everyone this is my first ever blog. Although I think most blogging, tweeting, and  general internet posting is very selfish and conceded I thought this was a good idea. What I am trying to do with this blog is document my attempt at creating a game company.

Some very basic background. I have worked in the video game industry since early ‘03, giving me roughly 7 years experience… come February. I have worked in several development studios and had jobs that varied widely from QA to Producer. I also have some design experience and I feel its time to put all my experience to work. For me!

About a year ago I had one of those ideas… big ideas. Something that would throw an industry on it’s head. I met up with a fellow developer and discussed my idea and he was in. I have spent the last year doing little more than thinking about my idea but recently both he and I have decided to “get real” on the project and start moving forward. I won’t be going into detail on the design or other specifics as that is not as important as the premise for the blog.

My partner (business not personal) and I are starting up a video game business and I thought I should document what I’m doing, how I’m doing it, how I’m doing at it, and in general all the BS that goes along with starting your own studio.

Some people may read this and have insight for me, others may read it and use it as a guide for when they’re ready to do the same. And I hope at least some people read this just to get a kick out of all the silly decisions I make.

Again this is my first blog so as I get more and more into the whole “blogging” thing I will inevitably get better at writing, posting, formatting, etc. So stay tuned and I hope this turns out to be something fun, not just for me but for anyone willing to read this.

Thanks,

-C

[Via http://simulatedskillsystems.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment