Thursday, December 24, 2009

Front Mission 3.Rural Village.ePSXe.Fix.

Best Front Mission game so far

So I’ve been replaying games I really loved when the PSX was out. My old PSX lost it’s function already so I opted for an emulator. I can’t post links to an emulator but it’s called the ePSXe. Just google it.

Anyway, one of my favorite PSX games of all time would have to be Front Mission 3. It’s this cool RPG-Mecha-Turn based-Strategy game which I thought was very advanced at the time of it’s conception and release.

I was playing the game on my emulator when the game suddenly CRASHED when the mission for the Rural Village was next. This was in Emma’s story mode right after Yingko. I found out that almost the entirety of the people who were replaying the game also had the same problem, if not more. As I tried to search for ways to fix this little bug, I googled myself a few possible solutions.

1. Update the plugins of the emulator

2. Change the emulator

3. Fix the emulator

4. Look for my original copy of the game

5. Download a “cleaner” version

I’m pleased to say that I did all of the steps above with the last step taking too much of my time and almost had me give up on the game. Why you ask? I got at least 3 “other” copies of the game. Two of which are from a torrent site. One of them was said to work perfectly for the PSP (They were PSX-PSP versions, all I had to do was extract the ISO and it was playable via ePSXe) but when I finally played it, it was still bugged. The other one sucked at seeds that it took me almost 7 hours to have it at 60%. Mind you, the download was only 300+ MB large; you can just imagine my frustration so I eventually had to let it go.

It wasn’t until I saw this site for roms via google in which I saw this particular thread (Yes. I googled hard for this) in which it pointed me to the perfect copy of the game, with the bug that annoyed the hell out of me fixed, rather, made it nonexistent.

I owe my thanks to those guys. In case you’re wondering, I downloaded Aguia’s version. Works well so far. Too bad my characters are already too strong for the current missions. Why? I’ve been practicing and mastering their skills in simulator mode while I let the time pass for my downloads to finish. And yes, I went uber because of the Fukushima stage in TEST mode.

[Via http://anima9.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment